Friday, July 31, 2009

 

Day One of Second Driving Trip Across the United States

I just returned from a month-long trip across the United States. I did it once back in 2004 but this time I drove more and saw more. If you haven't done so, I highly recommend it. You'll enjoy it.

We left early on Sunday June 28 at around 6am. Everyone was excited. My wife, daughter and son were all buckled up and we were ready to hit the road.

"Everybody is ready?", I asked before releasing the brake. I turned around to take another final look at the house. "See you later, house."

I took Interstate 40 across Tennessee. It's cutting straight across to California. I think it's about 2700 miles to Los Angeles.

635 miles later we checked in the hotel. Not too bad compared to my previous trip. I remembered I drove only around 500 miles last time. I almost gave up and turned the car around. But this time, I didn't even think about it.

Sweet dream.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?